In collaboration with our partners, Australian National Education Institute provides work placement through our internship program.
Expand your interests, bring your fresh insight and be challenged. ANEI’s internship programs, through our strong stakeholder and employer community networks, gives you the chance to find your fit by working on a variety of critical business assignments, testing your skills, and applying your academic knowledge.
Internships are defined by ANEI as “a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering a career path and gives employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”
In addition, an internship is a semester in duration. Each year, we place hundreds of interns in positions of immediate responsibility with our employers throughout the country through our strong stakeholder and employer community network. ANEI’s internship program gives undergrads a chance to test the waters so to speak and in a typical year, the majority of our interns will receive fulltime job offers.
Whether you’re in your penultimate or final year of study, or recently graduated you have probably recognised how important on the job learning and career development opportunities are. There are a lot of internship programs in Australia for internship seekers to choose from, however, we believe in quality and not quantity. Chose ANEI with our strong stakeholder and employer community networks and experience the real difference an internship can make to your career.
Internships with Australian employers have been taken care of through our valued partnerships with our strong stakeholder and employer community networks. This is the reason our students are given every opportunity to successfully reach their full potential at ANEI.
Benefits of an internship program
- Gain practical experience in the Australian workplace
- Receive training within your area of study
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Develop an understanding of the international workplace
- Cultivate industry specific terminology
- Improve workplace communication skills
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Create memories that will last a lifetime
- Develop soft skills that are vital for career success
Professional Internship Program (PIP)
Customised internships for student visa holders are available in these academic disciplines:
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Leadership and Management
- Human resources
- Event management, and many more
Duration: 6 to 26 weeks
Working hours: up to 30-40 hours per fortnight (2 weeks)
Lead time: 3 to 4 months
What does it include?
- We offer a comprehensive program, not just a placement!
- Tailored internship in an Australian company
- Resume templates and guidance
- Letter of Objectives templates and guidance
Support & monitoring
- Allocation of an Internship Program Supervisor (IPS) to closely monitor your progress and satisfaction
- Interview preparation and coaching
- Immediate intervention should you have any difficulties
- Access to regular career blogs
- Insurance: personal liability in the workplace
- 24 hours emergency support
Orientation & cultural support
- Full orientation sessions, including an introduction to the Australian workplace
- Intern nights with interns from over 90 countries
- 18 years old and older
- Internship field is directly related to educational background
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced English skills (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent)
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the program or visa
ANEI’s Host Organisations through our strong stakeholder and employer community networks:
- TK Pacific Marketing
- Australian Fujian Association
- OZ Products
- Chinese Learning Centre